- 4 medium beetroot ( if the green tops are fresh keep them to use too )
- 12 baby potatoes ( or chunks cut of large ones or sweet potato pieces )
- 4 cups shredded fresh greens including beetroot tops, baby rocket, mustard greens, baby spinach, or any other green you may like
- 1 cup shredded dill / fennel / chervil / tarragon ( any of this combined or proportion as u have it )
- 2 oranges peeled and segmented
- 1 c sunflower seeds dry roasted
- ½ cup nasturtium leaves
- 20 nasturtium flowers
Boil the beetroot for approx. 30 minutes and potatoes separately for approx. 15 minutes . Remove , cut beets into smaller pieces and add to roasting pan and drizzle with oil and toss through Roast them for approx. 30 minutes till tender. You can leave on the beet skins if they are young or remove before roasting. I like to roast potatoes and beets in separate pans and they discolour each other and may take different times. Dry toast the sunflower seeds at the same time but remove when done tossing occasionally.
Allow them to cool.
Slice potatoes to smaller pieces if desired and check beetroot sizes. Toss together with all your greens which are pre-shredded to your liking. I like to shred the herbs finer than the greens. Top with the orange segments. Leave off flowers and seeds for garnishing.
- 4 Tbs white wine vinegar… I like a tarragon flavour but you can choose ( you can also use red wine vinegar or one of your choice )
- 1 Tbs mustard – I use Dijon smooth
- ¾ Cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all together and add to salad – toss to coat
Then add garnish of seeds and flowers