Ok so these are what I call koftas. Mine are with beef but lamb works really well.
- 500 g mince ( always better if ur own )
- Grate 1/2 onion on fine setting
- Grate a thumb of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed herbs can include parsley, mint, thyme, oregano, sage – just a bit.
- Don’t do all at once. Choose your combo
- 1x tbs each coriander and cumin ground
- I like to use some cardamom just a touch but optional.
- Sprinkle mustard seed and / or nigella seed if u have. Or just a good grind of strong pepper
- Add 1 x chopped chili. To ur liking
- I like to add ceyenne too for another depth
- Salt to taste.
Press onto skewers. You will have to push quite firmly. I find a square shaped thick one best or rosemary hard sticks.
I also sometimes add pre cooked quinoa / and or grated carrot if u want to add nutrition value. Play around. Use a Moroccan spice mix if u have instead of all the other spices above. But still keep the herbs. Fresh is better but dried mint works well too. Braai them carefully and serve with a spicey dipping sauce.